Saturday, June 1, 2013
Waters Edge Golf Club – Worth, IL
76 degrees, Rain
Champions – Rob Garcia/Billy Les
Legends Division Champions – Tom Knight/Walter Lis
Longest Drive – Clay Drozek
Closest to Pin – Tom Lang, Jr.
- Deer Antler Spray Banned from The Shootout April 18, 2015 With the news that three-time major champion Vijay Singh has admitted to using a deer antler spray, which contains a substance banned by the PGA Tour, the Invitational Shootout Competition Committee has announced that it will be following a similar protocol to the PGA Tour. All Shootout competitors are now prohibited from using deer antler ...
- Flagg Creek Showdown June 20, 2013 Mick McDonnell defeated Ryan Mouw in the inaugural Flagg Creek Showdown Wednesday evening before a large gallery in Countryside. Combatants in the annual McMouw Cup, Mick and Ryan faced each other in a stroke-play format, with McDonnell emerging the victor in a hard-fought match that finished in virtual darkness on the 9th hole. “Although Ryan had ...
- Garcia and Les Win The 2013 Invitational Shootout June 2, 2013 The 20th Annual Invitational Shootout featured an expected battle of famous names. Two-time Champion Ray Shinkle and partner Mike Howley brought three wool jackets to the competition on Saturday and were among the favorites to capture the crown. Their toughest competiton featured the equally famous Les name, but a new entry into the upper echelon ...
- Invitational Shootout Opening Ceremonies May 26, 2013 The opening ceremonies at the 20th Annual Invitational Shootout will once again feature a salute to previous year’s winners of The McMouw Cup. Last year younger brothers Larry McDonnell and Ryan Mouw outlasted older brothers Mick McDonnell and Ron Mouw by one stroke on the final hole to gain control of the coveted McMouw Cup. ...
- Shootout Rookies Feeling the Heat May 19, 2013 Tom Lang Sr. and Tom Lang Jr., are two rookies who months ago received the invite from the Shootout Competition Committee to compete in the Invitational Shootout. When Tom Sr. received the invite he was proud that the Committee recognized that he had performed well enough in 2012 to bypass the usual rookie ...
- Will 2013 Bring King George The Third? May 11, 2013 Few players in the history of The Invitational Shootout can match the performance of George Les. A two-time Shootout Champion and the winner of the inaugural Shootout Wedge Tournament, “King George” has consistently proven himself under the intense pressure on golf’s biggest stage. Les quickly made an impact in his first tournament, winning the 2007 Invitational ...
- Shootout Competition Committee Reviewing EZeeGolf Allegations April 25, 2013 On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 the Shootout Competition Committee (the “Committee”) convened an emergency meeting at the behest of the reigning McMouw Brothers Champions, Larry McDonnell and Ryan Mouw. Allegedly, Michael McDonnell, who along with Ron Mouw lost the 2012 McMouw Cup in spectacular fashion, has ordered and plans to compete with a set ...
- Howley/Shinkle Announce Unlikely Partnership for 20th Shootout January 15, 2013 The stakes continue to rise for the 20th Invitational Shootout as two former champions and bitter rivals today announced a most unlikely partnership. Two-time Shootout Champion Ray Shinkle and 2006 Shoootout Champion have announced their intentions to compete as a team on June 1st in the 2013 Invitational Shootout. Said Howley, “Following numerous inquiries from interested ...
Billy Les & Rob Garcia
|* = Legends Division|