Saturday, June 5, 2010
Waters Edge Golf Club – Worth, IL
78 degrees, partly cloudy
Champions – Brett Armstrong/Bryan Armstrong
Legends Division Champions – Steve Loulousis/Jim Tinerella
Longest Drive – Kevin Burke
Closest to Pin #12 – Andy Finks
- Mike Kroening Bags Two Turkeys June 8, 2010 Another year has passed and not much has changed. Former champions, Mike Howley, Walter Lis, Ray Shinkle and Joe Hill all had solid performances once again in the Shootout, a tournament that some golfers claim is more pressure packed than Q School or even the Ryder Cup. Meanwhile, nerves once again seemed to ...
- Armstrongs Return to Shootout Glory June 6, 2010 Under the threat of cloudy skies, brothers Brett and Bryan Armstrong prevailed over the largest field in event history to capture the 2010 Invitatonal Shootout at Water’s Edge Golf Club. The victory was their second, the first triumph coming in 2008 in a playoff over Dominic Dallio and George Les. This year Brett and Bryan ...
- 2010 Lifetime Achievement Awards June 6, 2010 He’s appeared in 13 of the 17 Invitational Shootout tournaments, including the inaugural 1994 event at The Links at Carillon in Plainfield. He’s an Invitational Shootout Champion, winning the memorable 1999 event at Maple Meadows in Wood Dale with partner Tom Scanlon. He’s also an accomplished diver and philanthropist, leading the 2008 Dive for Charity ...
- 2004 Defeat Still Haunts Aaron Knight May 26, 2010 Of the 28 players to have worn the wool jacket as Invitational Shootout Champions, it’s safe to say very few possess the PGA Tour caliber ball-striking of Aaron Knight. Despite a very impressive golf resume, Knight has been universially accepted as the “Best Player to Have Never Won The Shootout”, a moniker that does not ...
- Boyles Look to Make Invitational Shootout History May 23, 2010 When he arrives at the first tee on June 5th, John Boyle will be making his 13th appearance in The Invitational Shootout. Only three players have competed in more Shootouts then John Boyle and none will be more meaningful than this year for the 1999 Invitational Shootout Champion. “This year my dad and I will be ...
- Local Celebrity Preps for Invitational Shootout May 4, 2010 With just a month before the event, the Shootout Participant Committee still awaits an official commitment from long-time Shootout participant and local celebrity Ryan Mouw. However, Ryan is taking this year’s event more serious than ever as he enrolled in the local celebrity fit club boot camp several months ago. No one has seen Mouw ...
- Fans in Awe of 2004 Shootout Champion Joe Hill April 15, 2010 The atmosphere around the driving range at Flagg Creek Golf Club in the normally sleepy town of Countryside on Wednesday afternoon was electric with a dominating practice session by Joe Hill, 2004 Invitational Shootout Champion. Hill’s crisp ball striking and thunderous drives caught the attention of more than one local patron. “This guy was bouncing balls ...
Error: the communication with Picasa Web Albums didn’t go as expected. Here’s what Picasa Web Albums said:
The Picasa API is deprecated. See https://developers.google.com/picasa-web/ for more details and the migration guide.
|A. Knight/Kroening||72 (-)|
|T.Knight/Lis Jr.||74 (+2)|
|Boyle Jr./Boyle Sr.*||84 (+12)|
|Dudtka/Ron Mow||84 (+12)|
|K. Rohan/C.Rohan||87 (+15)|
|Lis Sr./Tymec*||90 (+18)|
|L.McDonnell/Ryan Mouw||92 (+20)|
|* = Legends Division|