Saturday, June 6, 2015
Waters Edge Golf Club – Worth, IL
74 degrees, Sunny
Champions – Shane Hennessy-York/Greg Smith
Legends Division Champions – Len Piersialla/Dan Ricci
Super Legends Division Champions – Dennis Cook/John Moirano
Longest Drive – Rob Taptich
Closest to Pin – Greg Smith
Closest to Pin – Steve Jandernoa
- Hennessy-York and Smith Drop The Hammer June 8, 2015Throughout the history of the Invitational Shootout, every great team has been compared to the gold standard performance, which occurred in 2009 when Hammer Hyland and Dave Neill destroyed the field and rewrote the record books with what many consider the most dominating performance in Shootout history. That comparison will no longer be necessary as ...
- Shootout Legend Guarantees Championship June 4, 2015Few players in Shootout history command respect like Tom Senne. One of the 16 players to compete in the inaugural Invitational Shootout in 1994, this will be the 17th Tournament that Mr. Senne has been a part of. In addition to his 2012 Legends Division Championship, Tom is an Invitational Shootout Lifetime Achievement award winner ...
- Shootout Introduces Super Legends Division May 30, 2015The Invitational Shootout competition committee is introducing the Super Legends Division, which will be open to teams with a minimum combined age of 120. The new division will be contested for the first time this year at the 2015 Invitational Shootout. With this announcement, there will now be three different divisions open for qualifying competitors ...
- Probationary Qualifying Exemptions Announced May 21, 2015The Invitational Shootout Competition Committee recently announced four special probationary qualifying exemptions into the field for the 2015 event. Both teams that were awarded exemptions did not qualify initially, but were given special status based on appeal. The two teams that have received 2015 Shootout invitations are Ken Dorsey/David Lesinger and Matt Grant/Tom Jemilo. Dorsey/Lesinger lost ...
- Qualifiers Fight For Their Shootout Lives May 17, 2015Since their introduction in 1999, Invitational Shootout qualifiers have produced some of the most memorable moments in Tournament history. The stunning 2004 qualifying match between Johnson/Szeszycki versus Sindelar/Gentry that ended in the “lost ball” controversy and the sudden death battle in 2013 between Smith/Wesinski and Davis/Lombard immediately come to mind. Unfortunately, the recent match between newcomers ...
- Invitational Shootout Qualifiers Face Long Odds May 10, 2015As qualifying rounds begin this week, the Tournament future of dozens of Shootout hopefuls hangs in the balance. First conducted before the 1999 event, the purpose of the qualifying rounds is to give golfers of all skill levels the opportunity to earn an invitation into the Midwest’s most popular two-person scramble event. In order to compete ...
Shane Hennessy-York & Greg Smith
* = Legends Division
** = Super Legends Division