Saturday, June 7, 2014
Waters Edge Golf Club – Worth, IL
80 degrees, Partly Cloudy
Champions – George Les/Paul Manolitsis
Legends Division Champions – Tom Knight/Walter Lis
Longest Drive – Steve Novak
Closest to Pin – Don Cranley
- Three Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award June 10, 2014 Collectively, the trio of Len Piersialla, Dan Ricci and Walter Lis Sr. have participated in the Invitational Shootout 33 times. In addition, they’ve been strong supporters of the tournament every year, helping raise the awareness and reach of the Midwest’s top two-person scramble golf tournament. To honor their efforts and participation, Piersialla, Ricci and Lis were ...
- Knight and Lis Defend Legends Title June 10, 2014 he team of Dr. Tom Knight and Walter Lis became the first team since Steve Loulousis and Jim Tinerella to successfully defended their Shootout Legends Division title at the 2014 Invitational Shootout. Knight and Lis won by a single stroke over the 2009 Champions Dennis Cook and John Moirano. “Playing in The Shootout is unlike ...
- Big Brothers Retain McMouw Cup June 9, 2014 Despite an astonishing improvement over last year’s blowout, the team of Larry McDonnell and Ryan Mouw were unable to come back from an early deficit, losing the McMouw Cup for the second straight year to Mick McDonnell and Ron Mouw. The Big Brothers needed a strong finish to retain the Cup with a three stroke ...
- Les Paul Team Wins 2014 Shootout June 8, 2014 It took a new partner for the man widely regarded as the greatest competitor in tournament history, George Les, to win his record-setting third Invitational Shootout championship. “King” George partnered with newcomer Paul Manolitsis to defeat the defending champions, Rob Garcia and Billy Les, by a single shot in the 2014 Invitational Shootout at Water’s ...
- Water’s Edge Ready For Battle June 1, 2014 When the normally perspicacious Invitational Shootout competition committee played the first official practice round of 2014 at Water’s Edge Golf Club in Worth on Friday, May 30, they saw a lot more than they expected. In fact, the committee unanimously agreed that the host course to this year’s Invitational Shootout was in spectacular shape. “I was ...
- Competition Questions Drastic Swing Changes By Shinkle May 17, 2014 When you’re a two-time Invitational Shootout Champion, you’re used being scrutinized each time you change partners or join a new country club. But even two-time Champion Ray Shinkle was surprised at the response from the competition when he announced he was making major swing changes. “I couldn’t believe how many guys thought I was crazy for ...
- Will History Repeat Itself in 2014? May 6, 2014 Although it happened ten years ago, Joe Hill remembers his victory with Walter Lis in the 2004 Invitational Shootout as if it were yesterday. “It really doesn’t seem that long ago” said Joe Hill. “I started out red hot and Walter got us into the playoff. We played two holes in sudden death and I ...
- Knight Warns: “Don’t Poke The Bear” April 8, 2014 After watching his father Tom Knight reach the pinnacle of success with his 2013 Invitational Shootout Legends Division championship, perennial contender Aaron Knight recently announced a new partner for 2014. Long considered the best player to have never won The Shootout, Aaron will pair with his brother Seth this year for the 21st edition of ...
|Bennett/Lang Sr*||73 (+1)|
|* = Legends Division|